Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31st, 2012

Wake up at 6 AM.
A headache.  5 hours of crappy sleep.  I have this problem where I know I have to wake up early, and so it's harder for me to fall asleep.

I copy out my cheat sheet for my first midterm of 2012.  I read through the book.  I search for the tiny details that we didn't talk about that they will be evil enough to bring up.  I wonder if they enjoy it.  I assume that my professor does.  I remember, "Seriously, don't email me, email the head TA."

Cereal is a real meal if you add vitamins. And cue the spilling of 2/3 a can of enchilada sauce onto the wood floor.  Somehow the 10 second rule doesn't apply?  Something else go wrong, please?  I just need a little adversity today.

Decide I'm late.  Drive to school.  I pay for parking and head to my P.O. Box.  Good news hopefully?  Nope, tax forms and that fix-it ticket was not properly documented.  Another 1.5 months to fix the fix-it.

Developing chemicals.  My hands smell slightly of science and eggs.  Holy cow, I am bad at this and these pictures are ugly.  And boring.  Why would I take so many photos of a matchbox?  The ones with flame are kitschy and the ones without flames are good for putting you to sleep.  Sounds like an A+ to me.

Lunch break.  It's almost the moment of truth, but let's not think about that just yet.

Cold enchiladas.  Lunch of cham - just kidding.  Lunch of students.  But I make food like Mexicans.  I get another Mexican point because of how dang delicious these leftovers are.

Test time.  Yuck.  Oh wait, cute guy is sitting next to me.  You are seriously huge.  6' 5" and 245 if I had to guess.  And you look like a big stupid jerk.  But somehow you are suuuuper cute.

Sarcastic joke about how you live for test-taking?  Asking me how ready I feel for the test?  I think I'm in love.  You actually listened to my answer?  Well, maybe if we go out, one good thing will come out of this test.  Oh wait, we didn't even exchange names.  Except I learned that your name is Tyler.  I am le creepy.  You have got to be on the football team.  And you're in my hardest class, so you must be smart.

Oh good, everyone else thought this test was torture.  There's no way I could have been properly prepared for that.  I never want to take another test.

Oh wait, there's two more "midterms".

Two more prints, and you're done with photo for the day. This is definitely a "fake it til you make it" class.  Oh wait, am I done?  I'm totally donezo.  Printing is better than taking photos.  because you can make a boring photo look good without actually having artistic talent.

This yogurt has been in my backpack all day.  It's a little too warm, but it is delicious.  Is it gross to drink the yogurt juice?  Too late.  It's all gone.  Oh my french vanilla.

The hard part of my day is over, which is saying something because I haven't gone to kickboxing yet.  Change and go!  I am angrier than usual.  Hard kicks.  Punching with my abs.  I think I'm mad at today.  Yes, that's what it is.  I still have some fight left in me, Tuesday.  You can't take it from me.

Dinner!!!!  I love food.  Food is the answer to a day like today.  That's emotionally dependent eating.  Oh wait, I am emotional eating.  But a little OJ can't hurt.

And one last thing.  Photography.  Everyone's photos are so much better than mine.  But somehow the prof makes me feel good about my photos.  He's good.  That workout was tough.  I can still feel it when I take really deep breaths, or am I just nervous?  Because no one has chosen my photos to talk about, and what if no one does.  Burning the corners was good?  I just felt like the edges were boring.  Thanks dudes!  Your photo was cool too.

Now I am done.  Wait, what?  Euphoria?  Yes, please.  Smile the whole drive home.  I love those endorphins.  And the roommate baked fresh bread.  And the jam is delicious?  Yummers.  No seriously, this is the best smell there is.  EVER.

Laze about for half an hour.  Reflect.  All's well that ends well?

Yes please:


My face reflects that.

1 comment: