Sunday, February 13, 2011

I came to DANCE DANCE DANCE

I am about to post a picture of myself doing something that all Gamboa girls (and possibly just all Gamboas) do. Don't judge me.


No, I am not being really bad at posing and at the same time narcissistic (which also might be a Gamboa feature), I am in fact dancing in front of a mirror.

And while the real attention-getter in this picture might be the nast smudges on my mirror or the fact that my side of the room looks cleaner than Kelsey's (WHAAAAAA????), that's not what this post is about.

It's actually about my dancing shoes, which, predictably, are generally flip flops.

I got complimented on Saturday night on the fact that I am a good dancer (I am sure other Gamboa children have experienced this as well).  I don't actually think I'm a good dancer.  Instead, I think that I am not afraid to look stupid in front of large crowds of people, and more importantly I dance like I am having fun.  This is surprisingly rare in dancing places.  People like to watch people who are having fun, hence the compliments on the moves.  I know I'm not the only Gamboa to get made fun of for an overly expressive dancing face.

Other cool weekend activities include:

  • Teaching myself several adobe software programs in order to create the new header at the top of my blog.  Did you notice?  This is my first time using fireworks, photoshop, or illustrator so don't judge. (Do I say that phrase too often?)  Oh, and I took all of the pics myself (except the first one).  I'm really proud of the sunny Stanford pic.  
  • Planning next weekend's epic L.A. road trip extravaganza with one KTrone.
  • Attempting to lead the VERY small ward choir.  
  • Listening to Marcus' newly developed ukulele skills.  
  • Shamelessly making myself a youtube playlist of Love songs for the holiday and listening to them by myself.  And not even feeling bitter. (really, I am not being sarcastic)
  • and engaging in general tomfoolery.  ooh and i watched a Meg Ryan chick flick (I.Q. if you must know) by myself on Saturday night.  
All in all, a good weekend.  :)

Also, I feel like I have a ridiculously high number of pictures of myself on this sucker right now.  I promise to rectify this in the future with less pictures of this mug.  

1 comment: