Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Deleted Databases and Other Such Treasures

When I started my job, they all immediately liked me.  Because I was good at the facebooks.  And I am the social media expert around the office.  Little do they know I got a LinkedIn and Twitter account only a week before I started.  They were amazed by how I could stalk Stanford alumni via the internets.

Technology.  Man oh man technology.  Did you know it only takes a couple of clicks to delete a database that takes months to build?  I know that.  I know it from experience.

Weirdly, I didn't feel that stressed.  I mean, granted there was a period of ten minutes where I freaked out, thought I was going to be fired, and considered taking infinity Stanford swag from the office on my way out, but after that, I just didn't let myself think about it.  Even though it was a pretty big problem.

They were pretty cool about it at work though. "If you're gonna mess, up, you might as well mess up big, right?" No, Mr. Boss-man, there is no logic behind that.  If, however, it lets me keep my job, I will alternate between my "Oh No!" face and a smile until you leave me to get back to my work.

Also, when I got to work, this guy was sitting at my usual desk:

And I never got any sort of explanation as to what he was doing there.  Which is weird because it's not really a play pranks type of office.  And also I felt like I had to let J. Biebs take my spot all day.
I think I have a soft spot for cardboard cutouts of celebrities that I don't actually like that much.  Although . Biebs has some catchy songs, don't get me wrong.

Oh and btws this is the first time in my life where the people who sign my checks are the same people that I work for.  So maybe I should have been more concerned.  Weird.

Well, that's all folks.  I should be studying for an econ midterm that I have tomorrow, but really who needs good grades.....

1 comment:

  1. hahah i love j biebs. sorry about ur screw up. good thing u have a cool boss?

    ReplyDelete