Saturday, October 2, 2010

Witty Witty

In an effort to not be depressed right now, I am blogging.  (Don't worry - it's sports related depression).

I'm not even sure how to categorize what I'm about to talk about, but all I know is that the people at my school are really witty.  Like even the Frat Boys.  For example:



Sure the stay thirsty part is ... questionable, but I love this commercial and I love this flyer.  It is so funny.  And if the most interesting man in the world does it, then it's got to be cool, right?

I have another example.  Also based off of a commercial I love.  Here is the original commercial:



It's obviously great right?  Women love him, men legitimately want to be like him.  It's a win win.  Well here at Stanford we have a men's acapella group called Fleet Street.  And every time they perform they wear tuxedos with red bow ties but without the tuxedo jacket part (I'm sure there was a better way to describe that.).  Here is their flyer put up for recruiting purposes:



I thought it was really funny.

Story number three.  (It's the last one I promise.)  On the first day of school, the R.A.s of the all freshman dorms will write encouraging words in sidewalk chalk all over campus like, "Good Luck Otero!"  or something cute like that.  Sometimes they don't exactly stick to the script though.  Two Freshman dorms here are called Junipero (abbreviated to J-ro) and Donner.  My two favorite chalk scribbles were:

Caught in a J-Romance
&
Ain't no party like a Donner party.  

The donner party one gets me every time.  I've heard it before, but I still think it's really funny.  

And that's some things around school that have made me laugh.  

2 comments:

  1. Man, your school is awesome. At Y-daho, the only chalk scribbles I ever find involve dating and they're usually lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frat poster wins. Donner party comes in 2nd. But it's all irrelephant.

    ReplyDelete