Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HEAT WAVE

I know, I know, I know that the heat here is about 10 or 15 degrees cooler than it's been at home (L.A. says holla atchu boiiiiiiiiii!!!) and that if I were experiencing extreme cold I would be more miserable than I am here, but it is like re-donk-ulously hott here at Estánfor.

Did you know I spend about 45 minutes a day walking outside?  It generally takes 5-10 minutes to get from one place to another on campus by foot and in the heat I move sooo slow.  This is how I look when I leave my dorm:

(but you know, my version of the dress has sleeves and is a little longer)

and this is how I look by the time I get to class:


Isn't it crazy how I gain like 100 pounds and get crazy eyes because of the heat?  Everyone tells me I look tired and disheveled all day.  Plus those sweatpants are just not flattering.  And look how quickly I got a tan.  

My solution? The Bender Room.  It's this little room on the 5th floor of the library that overlooks half of campus, is very cozy (and good for naps!), and has a temperature of like 60 degrees.  

(note: actual picture of actual bender room)

After about an hour in there I am freezing cold and ready to face the sun again.  And then I don't die on my way to my next destination.  The end result is something like this:

(Don't I look ready to face the professional world?)

I know it's only a temporary fix, but the heat wave is only temporary too, right? RIGHT??!!?!  I can't survive this oven-temperature much longer.  


Thanks for putting up with my lack of real photos.  Google images and I are practically best friends now.  You don't even want to know what I put in the search engine sometimes.  

1 comment:

  1. It was crazy hot here too this week. Like 0ver 113 degrees! But it's lots cooler here now so the cool weather is probably headed your way, too. I'm glad to hear that you have a cool spot to hang out in. Have fun!
    P.S. I'm loving your blog...I read it whenever I have homework to do...the procrastination runs both ways.

    ReplyDelete