Monday, October 4, 2010

Style Shoutout!!

DISCLAIMER:  My phone is lost.   My camera phone sucks.  I don't normally take pictures of myself in the mirror.  Blah.

But I do finally have pictures that were not stolen from the interweb.  And I kind of included a picture of my roommate in there.  (Sorry about that Kelsey.  But now you have an excuse to talk about how you are an acrobat. (BAHAHAHAHA)).  But don't judge me for the cheesy poses and terrible quality.


Anyways, this post is all about my sister Adri, and how her style is rubbing off on me.  Because I'm the one out of my sisters who wears electric colors that are not really in season and crazy prints and things that are just generally busy and over-accessorized.  Adri, on the other hand is more of a classic girl.  She likes stripes and navy blue (navy blue stripes are like the jackpot) and jewelry that is more delicate and feminine.

She actually hand-makes a lot of really cute jewelry.  I lived with her this whole last summer and so she started to rub off on me.  I helped her to make and sell cute things like this:


Isn't it cute?  Well today, my outfit was inspired by Adri's sense of style.


Okay that doesn't really show it off, but I'll try to describe it.  I have on this mustard sweater.  Mustard is probably one of the loudest colors in Adri's closet, and I was never a fan of it until she introduced me to the world of mustard.  And now I looove it.
Underneath the mustard sweater is a navy blue camisole.  Navy blue never goes out of style.
Last but not least are the bright blue earrings, which Adri actually made for me.  I kind of coerced her into it because they're a little bit big to be studs, but I love them and I wear them probably more often than I should.
Here's a close up.


And last but not least, I will add the picture where Kelsey tries and fails to remain hidden after I told her her *ehem* lower half was in the picture:


Mostly I'm laughing at her because she was hiding.  Anyways, my outfit is not over the top and totally cute and simple without being boring.

Cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. lol navy blue + stripes IS the jackpot. And ya, mustard is probably the brightest color i've worn in like a month. And good going on those earrings. They sell out every week. I feel like I owe you a cut of the profits . . . oh wait, that feeling left.

    You look adorbs!

    ReplyDelete