Saturday, October 9, 2010

Exciting News!

So I don't really have exciting news per sé, but I have a bunch of moderately exciting things that are adding up to one excited Gigi.
I'll go in order of what you'll probably think is least to most exciting:

1.)  I love Econ!!!  I have always said I would probably be an Econ major, and now that I am taking a real Econ class I am realizing how much I honestly love love love Econ.  I know in your mind, I know look like this right now:

But I swear I'm just as fly as I was before.  (Unless you already thought I was a nerd in which case, oh well.  I also can't decide if using the word fly makes me more or less cool.) I also am really excited for the next three years of my education.

2.)  I love my roommate.  I know this seems like not that exciting, but coming from last year to this year, having a roommate that is one of my best friends just makes life infinity times simpler.  And more fun.  And less stressful.  And just plain AWESOME!  Here is a picture of the wonderful, beautiful, russian-speaking, ballet-dancing, bongo-playing, world-class-poetry-writing, opera-singing, clothes-designing Miss Kelsey Dang.
One thing she really can do is drive a tractor.  Both in forwards and in reverse.

4.)  On Monday it is my parent's 30th Wedding Anniversary.  That's like 150% of my life.  Here is the Happy Couple Back in 1980.  Later on that year they got married.

They are soooo young.  By the time they were my age they were trying to have children.  They didn't have Adri until about the time of their third anniversary.

3.)  MAROON 5!!!!!!! That's right, I am going to see Maroon 5 in concert this weekend.  I bet you are jealous right now, because I would be.  Maroon 5 was probably the first band that I liked.  It wasn't something that my parents or older sibling rubbed off on me.  It was mine.  And though they've changed a lot since then, I still love claiming them.  And knowing every single one of their songs.

Not the best looking band, but still pretty awesome.  

I hope your weekend is shaping up to be just as awesome as mine.  Tell me about it :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some exciting things. Here's my exciting comments, in order:
    1. I'm glad you like econ. You and Adri and dad all have the econ gene. You didn't get it from me, but that's ok--you got your coolness gene from me (heh heh).
    2. Yay! I'm glad you love Kelsey Dang. From reading all those cool things about her, what's not to love? I think I love her too. Anyway, you two crazy co-eds have fun singing opera together!!
    4. Maroon 5 is a very nice group. I'm glad you get to go see them. I was going to go see them once...anyway, the lead singer is hot, and I mean that in the most "your mother said that" kind of way.
    3. Happy Anniversary to me (and dad)!! Want to know the very best highlights of the past 30 years: Here they are (in chronological order):
    October 16, 1983
    January 6, 1986
    December 24, 1987
    February 19, 1991*
    February 11, 1994
    May 6, 1996
    And I need to find you a more flattering photo of us to post. I love you!!

    *This date should make you extra happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi, you are adorkable:)
    You may not remember, but you got your Maroon 5 love from me.
    PS What do you do with a degree in econ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you roomie!!!! Seriously, it is amazing being your roommate. Perfect example=PODO ;-)

    ReplyDelete