Monday, April 11, 2011

My sick-bed

I thought this was some biblical phrase.  But it turns out in only appears in the Book of Mormon.

But still, you can picture it in Biblical times.  Someone gets sick and so they lay them in bed and try not to catch whatever the sick person has.  Well I was sick this weekend, and let me tell you I can picture just fine.

My sick-bed involved about 30 hours of me leaving my sick-bed only to shower and eat and go to the bathroom. Social interactions are really for losers anyway.  And by losers I mean healthy people who enjoy their lives.  It also involved every pillow I own, pajamas, about a billion tissues, and my computer.  Oh and little cups of super hot water with honey in them that I would steal from the cafeteria at school.  Don't worry, these are the to-go cups that are meant to be stolen.

On Saturday at about 5, I came back from a very fun day in San Francisco exhausted and all sick-y feeling.  So when I couldn't fall asleep I spent all of my time instead watching movies.  Here's what helped me to feel better.
A little Hugh Jackman:
but seriously folks, they don't even airbrush this man because he is THAT GOOD LOOKING.  He is my celebrity crush of all celebrity crushes.  Too bad he has a wife.  No really, it's too bad.  

And also what helped me feel better was a little of the modern rat pack.  That's right, we're talking Ocean's 11:
And really, Matt Damon had to get his own picture for this one because in my mind he steals the show in this movie.  I just want to give hum a hug and tell him that he's just as good as Brad Pitt and George Clooney at being a con-man.  
He makes such a good nerd.  

And by this point I had exhausted all of the eye candy on my computer.  So on Sunday, wanting to be more reverent anyways, I watched the Lion King, which did help me fall asleep.  And then later some General Conference to help me make up for not going to church all day.  

And even though I'm still not 100% and my nose hurts from all the nose-blowing that's been going on here in this tiny room, it's good to be talking to other humans again.  And not just watching them on my computer screen and pretending I were friends with all these gorgeous men.  Really, a man should not be more gorgeous than I am, but still I am not complaining.  

Oh my sick-bed.  You are the only perk of being sick.  



2 comments:

  1. Quit being sick!!! I'm sorry you are sick. And really, it is too bad HJ has a wife, especially considering she looks like she could be his mom.

    Feel better! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you caught my cold via the telephone, but we definitely had the same bug! I'm glad you're feeling better now.
    And you know how much I loooooove those Oceans movies! Glad they were helpful for you:)
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete