Saturday, October 16, 2010

Get Busy

You guys, I feel like I am always sooo busy.  It's probably just because I'm more busy than I have been in the last about four or five months, but still, I feel kind of crazy.  I always manage to fill my day with lots of junk.  I've been trying really hard to become more involved this year, and so now besides being a full student...


  • I am the choir director at church.  I am actually pretty bad at doing this and I feel like I don't know when to wave my arms and that I'm always making a fool of myself.  I'm still getting used to this one and I hope hope hope that it gets better or that I get better at it.  
  • I am a staff writer for the unofficial blog at my school: TUSB.Stanford.edu.  This is tricky for me because I don't consider myself a writer or a photographer.  The only skill I have is the ability to capture attention for a few paragraphs, which doesn't mean I have very meaningful things to say.  The group is really chill though, and I only have to write once a week and go to meetings.  But it also means that I have to go to events or think of things I can blog about my school, even when I'm feeling busy.
  • I started tutoring once a week at a nearby elementary school.  The cool thing is that I get to tutor in music.  It's a community service thing, and I think it is super cool.  I've only done prep for it so far, but I'm really looking forward to doing that.  
  • I've been spending a lot of time job-hunting for something on-campus.  Nothing's worked out so far.  But the worst part is that job hunting isn't even at time consuming as actually having a job.
  • I am the very newly appointed Friday Forum Co-Chair for the Latter-Day Saint Student Association.  This one actually just means I send out emails every week and conduct our Friday Speaker-Series sometimes.  
This post is so wordy and without pictures, so here are some cool pictures:
A very cute nephew.
Because elephants are so so cool.
And last but not least, the gorgeous birthday girl.  Love you Adri!


1 comment:

  1. You are one busy Gigi! But you know what they say, "if you want to get something done, give it to someone who's busy." You can do it!
    Dad and I are so proud of you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete