Sunday, August 7, 2011

Oh, the Blogging

Talk about Bloggers block.

It turns out when you leave your house only for maybe 20 minutes a day, you find topics to blog about hard to come by.  So here is another installment of ......

"Make my Mundane Life Seem like Every Little Detail is Interesting."

This is where I (you guessed it!) try and make my boring life seem like a collection of cool little things.
And let me tell you, I'm not about to shy away from the story-within-a-story thing even though it is pretty much bad story-telling.  

Anyways, I have sensitive teeth.  Like when I poke fun at them they take it personally and give me the cold shoulder for a week (sorry, but I couldn't resiiiiiiist).  And when I mentioned this to my mom, she said she had some hippie toothpaste that I could use.  And by hippie toothpaste, I mean this:

I mean all natural ingredients?  I am not a pioneer walking across the nation here.  I have the technology.  I think my actual response to my mom was, "I'm no hippie!  I throw six-pack rings in gutters that drain to the ocean!"  Which is a lie, but also wait a minute, I am kind of a hippie with these things. Because (and I'm switching to story number two here)......

I haven't used shampoo in about two months.  Since I was at the Stan-ford.  There, I said it.  And you can't even judge me because my hair looks like this:

Make fun of me all you want for being all 13-year-old-myspace photo, but my hair looks goooood, darnit.  And also, didn't instagram make that cool again? Just sit there and let that one soak in.  Weird mirror and over-abundant conceit sold separately.  

I just use baking soda plus water to wash my hair and apple cider vinegar plus water for a finish.  It doesn't quite have a conditioning effect, but it helps smooth things a little.  And while we're on the subject of my hair and all it's fabulousity, did I mention my hair is magic?  I throw it in a bun for a few hours and it comes out looking like I curled it with a huge curling iron.  

The point of this tidbit is that I walk around the house looking like this:


Just about all day errr day I am sporting this look.  Muy sexi, I know.  
Which is why this look + makeup that is leftover from the day before + this van (parked all by its lone-some because there is no way in narcissism that I can park this sucker in a way that is within lines)
Should not equal me getting hit on, am I right?  But yet that is what happens when you drive your little brother to work at 330 pm still in your pajamas and looking like you got run over by the ugly van.  Isn't it always that way? 

I was all of my guard when they guy in the truck next to me wolf-whistled and then said, "Heeeeey" in that way that is flirting.  Not that he was cute or anything, but can you take these things seriously when not even your Mom would tell you you look good?  Which is just a figure of speech, because my Mom is very supportive.  She told me I looked good today.  

So did you get your fill of poor story-telling, typos, and hair-cissism yet?

3 comments:

  1. haha i love that you haven't used shampoo. actually, I should try using your method because it's probably much cheaper. And PS, I'm jealous you can just put your hair in a bun and have it look like you curled it. No fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i am a hippy and i love that toothpaste!! haha also, im so intrigued by your lack of shampoo. what proportions do u use? is your hair ever greasy with that? my hair is like permanently greasy. boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gigi, you sure look good today!

    ReplyDelete