Monday, August 22, 2011

A Little Summer Picnic

Tomorrow my little brothers start school and thus today is their last day of summer, so we tried to make lemonade for them and we spent the afternoon on a picnic on the gorgeous property that some friends have about 10 minutes away up the mountain a little bit.

Don't believe me that it's gorgeous?  Take a look (warning: I played with photo filters a lot a lot a lot).

Yeah, there's a stream right outside their house.  So here's my family after we ate the food and started exploring (Trust me, you don't want pictures of us eating, we eat like Gamboa's).

Here's the "little" boys being studly:


I wish Luc were wearing overalls with no shirt in this one.  He'd make a good farm boy.
And George got a few good shots with the bridge:
His beard goes very well with nature.  
Also, isn't that bridge the awesomest?  I wish I could just go over that bridge every time I was in a bad mood and have all the badness be sucked away.  
My Mom was busy, busy, busy picking blackberries, which were EVERYWHERE:
But we enjoyed the fruits of her labor (pun intended) later:
My Dad was being a good husband in between trying to splash his children:
I was taking photos of everyone and then being weird:


Photo heavy and a little lame, I know.  But I noticed that on other blogs I read, people post pictures of themselves doing cool things with people that always make me jealous, so this is me attempting to do that.  The difference is I am not a photographer.  What, wah.  

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. suyum

    ReplyDelete