Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Artichoke Cabana

Okay, so I am so totally in love with a lot of things about my new apartment/duplex/well-actually-it's-a-triplex.  

The things I am not so excited about are the fact that it is only about 400 square feet and also that we don't have a real oven.  Microwave ovens and toaster ovens for us!  Oh and also, we just got our own kitchen sink this last Monday.  As in after we had already lived there for 5 whole weeks!

But the things I like, Oh!  The things I like!  They are many.  Well, this house has a very old people vibe.  Just in some of the details it is old.  In fact, it smells a little bit like old people in our place, and we are doing our best to eradicate that smell in favor of a more youthful aroma.  

But it has hardwood floors and we are keeping them clean and free of schtuffs and you know how empty, clean floor space just does magic to my creativity, brain cleanliness, and everything else.  

Anyways, in no particular order, the schtuffs I love about my new place.  


There is this dandy little lightbulb in one of the closets.  The kind where you pull a little string and a naked lightbulb just illuminates all your clothes and shoes and things you have otherwise, uh... stored in your closet (Because you obviously didn't just shove a whole bunch of boxes of crap in there).  I could only take a very terrible picture of it, but there it is.

And then the bathroom.  The bathroom is this wonderful little thing full of way too many patterns and also, it is very feminine and cheery.  I quite like our bathroom.  It makes me want to take bubble baths and light candles and be pampered a little bit.  Or at least take a nice hot shower.  The shower head is so tall!
These little guys are on all the knobs in the bathroom.  They are so old people and so cute!  They are really old though, and fading, and one of them has been broken and super-glued back together (I think).

Oh and most awesomely, the natural lighting.  I love windows, and I love sunshine.  Yep, I am a SoCal girl (with SAD and everything) and I basically need lots of light and warmth to be happy.

So I pretty much love the fact that most of out light comes from the actual sun.  This picture was actually taken on the day I moved in, and all of my clothes are on the couch in clear trash bags.  So very, very classy, I am.

Dudes!  I love this little place.  My biggest complaint was the fact that we went 5 ENTIRE WEEKS WITHOUT A KITCHEN SINK (don't get me started on my feelings about my property manager at this point), but now that we have one, I feel so good about our tiny whole in the wall.


Oh, and if you're wondering about the title of the post, it's because the name our place shall by known by, from here until forever, is henceforth

The Artichoke Cabana

Which absolutely does not make any sense, but you do whatcha gotta ... or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment