Thursday, September 1, 2011

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Well, I guess Boston.

So my older brother left last night for college out on the east coast.  He's been doing the community college thing for the last few years, and this fall he's moving on to bigger and better things.

So last night my family went out to dinner before George was dropped off at LAX, not to be seen again until Christmas time.  (Side note, It's actually a little difficult for me to call him by his given name, Jordan, when I am the only person in the world who can get away with calling him "Georgey Porgey Pudding and Pie").

Because my family likes to experience new foods, and George is usually the initiator of said food discoveration, we drove out to Koreatown in Los Angeles for some Authentic Korean food (notice the capital A).

Say what you want about the Los Angeles, I lover it.  It's shaped me more than I realized.  Here is the downtown:

We were driving in the direction of the setting sun, so George had to drive blind:
That photo came out in terrrrible quality, but his eyes are closed.  But he didn't actually drive that way.

Anyways the food!  It was ... interesting.  Not our best discovery, but also, part of it was culture shock.  They had things that smelled less than savory and they didn't even carry forks!  That's how authentic it was.  I actually really liked a few of the items.  Man does MSG taste good:

That's the only pic I managed to snag.  Of the food that is.  We took a family photo at the end of the meal, and I would include it because I had a great hair night,  but I don't currently have the energy to go search for it from my Mom's camera.

But don't worry, you just have something to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment