Monday, May 2, 2011

You Know What is Great?

Well obviously there are far too many things that are great for me to list in just one post.

It is great that I won Ginger Beer.  From that one time when I posted on TUSB (and then reposted here) about finding someone else's birth control in my desk.  Ahh, the life of the student.  Anyways, I won a bottle of two-buck-Chuck (reaaaalllly cheap wine), but I had to give it back because I don't drink wine.  Which was sort of Awks Mcgee after someone made a joke about how if someone who wins a prize doesn't drink then they aren't wanted on the staff of TUSB.  But I laughed it off.  Anyways, that was about a bazillion years ago, but they just finally gave me a replacement prize.  I got ginger beer, which is supposedly like ginger ale but better.  (Which is weird because I would think ale is nicer than beer, but then what do I know about the alcohols?)

Now I can sit back watching some sports and knock a few beers back with my amigos.  Haha.

Also, sunshine is great.  And what better way to celebrate sunshine than by going to the beach.  Seriously, I think I will always have to live in beach states.  I love the beach.  It is warm and fun and summer and care free and sunburn that turns into tan. So expect tales of me turning into a lobster and then into a Mexican.  Is that racist?
Before:
After:

I've heard that my grandmother on my Mexican side was even prettier than the girl above.  So it could happen you guys.  It's in my genes.  

The lastly thing that is great is your face.  Just kidding its watching Disney movies and calling it homework.  It's totally research for a paper that I am writing on Happily Ever After and Disney relationships.  Seriously Belle was on the road to an abusive relationship and Mulan's guy thought she was a dude for most of the time he knew her.  Seriously weird.  Seriously.  

In my opinion, the only healthy relationship in Disney movies exists in The Incredibles.  The movie makes a point to say that its a give and take and that each partner needs to work in order for the marriage to be happy.  Which is a small part of why I am increasingly obsessed with The Incredibles.  That and the fact that it's truly artfully done.  So many nuances.  

And somehow I've gotten my way to The Incredibles, which means its time to end this post.  

Somewhere, there's a fat lady singing right now.  

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, you're set. Teetotalers have a long history of important positions on TUSB staff, and by that, I mean that I also don't drink. It all works.

    And consider me a fan of "Enchanted"; how could things not work out with Patrick Dempsey?

    ReplyDelete