Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Holiday

I have a new-found appreciation for Easter.  I like that it's a holiday all about joy.  The joy that Christ was resurrected and that He made a way for me to live in Heaven with my loved ones forever.  It's a pretty awesome idea.  And a way under-rated holiday.

I got a card from my fam bam (as part of a package) that was just too good to not share.


It has all the tell-tale signs of a holiday card from the Gamboa family to one of its members:
  • My parents wrote something cheesy in it.  
  • My mom altered the original text so that it's from the entire family (Most common are things like a little "& Son!" added on to a "Dear Brother,")
  • Everyone had to sign it
  • All the kids tried to be witty.  
Actually, we have sort of a competition to see who can be funniest when signing cards.  This time Marcus won.  I don't think he was even trying, I just really appreciate that he got right down to business.  It still makes me laugh now.  

Anyways, I realized that I usually like to write either about what thought is stuck in my head or about the interactions I have had with others.  Sadly, between work and class and studying for midterms, I haven't had much interaction with other people lately or many deep thoughts.  How pathetic is that!  I seriously need to get outside of my room more often.  
As a result, I have blogger's block.  I wrote an entire post that was a letter to my teeth (Oh GOODNESS, the relationship I have with my teeth.), but then I deemed it stupid and not even creative or funny, so I deleted it.  I did take a good picture of my teeth for it though.  But I think I deleted that too.  

Actually, the most notable interactions I have had lately are the three times this week I have absolutely wanted to kill Jillian Michaels.  But I keep using her DVDs because, I mean, she looks like this:

Ooh I should do a post on food sometime soon.  I have very complex and interesting opinions about food lately.  

Anyways,  that's about it lately for me.  It's been a week of nose-in-a-book-ed-ness so far, but we're only half way through, so hopefully it will get better.  

1 comment:

  1. I love your family! For Valentines, Dallin signed the card my family sent thus: "Don't suck, don't freeze."

    ReplyDelete