Thursday, April 21, 2011

Summer Lovin'

You wouldn't believe how excited I am for this summer.  More excited than I am for practically anything else right now.  Well, that's false.  But I'm still PRETTY excited.  (Yeah, I used all caps, so what?)

This summer I am going home.  It's weird how my concept of home changes.  When I had a roommate, I was starting to feel like Stanford was home.  I still love it here, but coming back to my room everyday doesn't really feel like home.  It could be because half of my room has empty walls and a weird, uncomfortable and bare blue mattress.  It doesn't exactly give off a home-y vibe.

Oh the digressions of my brain.

Anyways, to Upland I go.  In about 8 weeks, that is.  I have big plans for this summer.  I hope I get through all the stuff that I want to.

Hopefully, the internship that I wan this summer will pull through and I'll be able to have a grand ol' time learning le business skillz and whatnot.  We'll see.  I'm afraid to count my chicks before they hatch on this one.

But then, since I am recently sort of becoming a foodie (Thanks K-Trizz), I was hoping to get a job as a hostess or the likes at some restaurant.  Just so I can get a feel for restaurants and a little extra cash in my pocket.  Which Stanford can then take away from me in the fall.

And then here's the part where I will (hopefully) never be bored or without anything to do,  because I have made a list of things I want to do during the summer.
I want to:

  • Learn to cook a lot of dishes that are yummy and healthy and flavorful.  
  • Go the Beach about a billion times.  Or like 4+
  • Get tan.  Like, actually look like I'm Mexican tan.  
  • Learn all the spices that are somewhat common.
  • Have a street art photoshoot in L.A.  I'm sort of obsessed with street art.  
  • Explore Griffith Park especially the Observatory.
  • Go to the Getty Museum
  • Read through the Book of Mormon start to finish.  
  • Go to the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade
  • Go to the Grove and hear some free music
  • Hear Friday Night Jazz at LACMA
  • Hit up the Garment District in LA
It's crazy how I've lived so close to LA all my life and never seen a lot of these things.  Basically every Saturday of the whole summer will be a day trip for me, so hopefully I can get some friends to come along with me.

Also, I made this terribly awesome joke in a TUSB post and I'm afraid no one will ever see it, so I'm putting it here: Studies show that if you eat a bucket of spinach at every meal, you will grow big and strong.  (You have to click the link to get the joke).

And pictures make every blog post better, right?

This is relevant because he's at the beach.  

This is relevant because it's my blog and it's a picture of me!

This is not relevant.  

The End.  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't appreciate LA until I left. Now, I can't get enough! Please let me come on your adventures with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcus and Luc have a summer goal of doing P90X everyday and getting ripped. So if you want to join them, that last pic would be relevant!
    P.S. It's going to be a fun summer! I love you! I can't wait for you to come home!!!!

    ReplyDelete