Friday, March 9, 2012

Cyclical Theory

History repeats itself.

You've heard this too, right?  I've never really been a believer.  Until five days ago.  When I realized I was reliving last winter.  

On Sunday I broke my computer screen.  Yep, yep, you heard me right.  Broken, smokin'.  And this time I am too cheap to fix it, especially when Betty probably only has like 8 months of life left in her.  So, what do you do?  You ask the internet to provide you with an old school computer monitor that you can hook up to your laptop so that she is still functional.  


The same thing happened a year ago (for those of you not in the know about these sorts of things) and it got me to thinking that there is something that I am probably supposed to learn from the set of conditions that I am currently in.  Because things look a lot like they did a year ago.  Namely, school is frustrating and sometimes altogether uninteresting, I feel like I spend all too much time alone and wishing I were at the beach, and I am riding the struggle bus in trying to secure a summer internship for this summer.  

So what is it?  Why am I going through all these things twice?  I am a firm believer in the fact that all things happen for a reason.  All things will work together for my good, if you will.  So what is this good?  

Well I will tell you one.  The computer, she is largely bad for me.  In the day and a half that I didn't have a working computer, I was so productive and so happy.  There is something not good about having a large amount of your interactions with a screen.  Even if there are people behind them.  I mean, to a point it is good, but it shouldn't be the main dish.  
Second, I am supposed to learn to not eat my feelings.  Which I am doing a terrible job of.  Every time I am bored or tired or stressed or (insert emotion here), it makes me want to eat a bagel with cream cheese and raspberries and a tad of powdered sugar.  (P.s. that is possibly my new favorite treat ever - except that nothing can top orange juice).
Also, I am probably supposed to learn that happiness is a choice.  Which is also something I am still struggling with.  I mean part of growing up is realizing that a good grade or a new toy (or item of clothing) isn't going to make you happy.  YOU are going to make you happy.  So if I'm supposed to be making myself happy, am I doing my job?  I've been trying to think more about that lately.  And to remind myself that I've actually got it pretty good.

Dudes, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Hugh Jackman is entirely too attractive for his wife.

She just looks so .... old.

No comments:

Post a Comment