Monday, December 5, 2011

Friday Night

Sometimes my life is just too cool not to share with the internets.  Like on Friday night when I

changed into pajamas
edited a paper for an hour
watched two episodes of Daria
considered editing a paper some more
got hungry
considered making some food
went to jack in the crack
ate a 99 cent chicken sandwich
ate an oreo shake
thought some more about editing that paper
decided I needed to update my ipod
acquired some music
danced around my apartment for half an hour
wished it was Christmas
spent 10 minutes editing that paper
decided I was done being productive for the evening
watched more episodes of Daria.(I'm afraid to admit to the number)

I mean, what a night, right?  Such is the life.  I take relaxation where I can get it in the final throes of the quarter.
(remember the show Daria from mtv? turns out it's still good)

I mean, if there is one thing that I don't shy away from on my bloggy-blog, it is making myself sound like a fictional character who could not really exist because real people have to not be as weird and incoherent and obsessed with dancing in the mirror as I am.  But that's what I love about you, blog-world of blog-readers that I sometimes pretend are imaginary people who laugh out loud and sometimes give standing ovations to my words, you don't judge me and you listen to me ramble.

Oh if I have a talent, it is the ability to raaaaamble.  Go on and on and on about things that aren't of much import at all.  I mean, why say something with just the facts in a concise way, when you could be saying something with all the opinions in a way that is a billion years longer (again, give or take one billion years)?

Did I ever tell you about the word I meant to invent?  I don't have a name for it, but the word means when something is an example of itself.  Like the paragraph that begins "Oh if I have a talent, it is the ability to raaaaaaamble."  That paragraph is an example of itself.

Dudes, it is good to be silly every once in a while.  Silly like you are dancing in a car by yourself.  Silly like people in commercials about snack foods or car insurance.  Silly like Draco Malfoy.  That kind of silly.  It's good for the soul, you know.  It's like eating a fresh baked cookie, but for your emotions.

This post needs to end before things get worse (as if that were possible).

And because I believe every post deserves a picture:
A gratuitous photo of me dancing in pajamas at approximately 11:43 PM on Friday night.

2 comments: