Sunday, March 6, 2011

In this corner: Weighing under an ounce, with a record of three buttons and a ripped seam...

The other night my big toe got in a fight with a needle.

A needle in the ground.  Why was there a needle in the ground?  I don't even sew.  It was sticking straight out of the ground, just looking for someone to fight.  That needle was malicious.
And my big toe, just minding it's own business, was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I bet you all have your predictions on who won this fight. I am proud to say that my toe came out champion.

Pics:
Two things are important about this picture: 1.  There is now an actual picture of my actual foot on the internet.  Hopefully the first and last.  2. I hate blood.  This is actually after I wiped most of it off.  And I didn't even freak out.  very much.

And the needle....

...was rendered completely useless.

My Big Toe, although a little bruised the next day, is still a useful part of my body, and thus I think it's the winner of this fight.

This post is part of the "me trying to turn everything into a little victory" part of my life.  It's been a rough couple of weeks, but I'm hoping that will turn around now.  Although the timing isn't great seeing as I have a week left of school before finals, notoriously the two worst weeks of any quarter.  

But at least my Big Toe came out champion, right?

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your toe...I'm wishing it a speedy recovery and you good luck on your pre-finals week!
    You are awesome! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete