Saturday, November 6, 2010

Three Ways to Make A Friend

The other day I heard about three ways to make a friend.  


  1. Give someone a compliment.
  2. Tell someone a secret.
  3. Tell someone something embarrassing.
I'm going to try and be better friends with you guys:

  • Embarrassing: I am really squeamish.  I got a bloody nose in the shower the other day, and I didn't realize it until I actually tasted the blood.  It easily added 15 minutes to my total shower time.  Also, google image searching squeamish was just about the worst idea of my life, but I did find this comic:
  • Secret: I have like an anti-temper.  So when things happen to me that should make me angry, instead I get "upset" and mostly just uncomfortable.  I don't like to let people see that they have affected me so I let things mull later on.  Which is a terrible habit.  

  • Embarrassing: I'm kind of baby-obsessed.  Which is really really funny because all through high school I was the girl who didn't want to hold the baby and who couldn't get into babysitting or hanging out with little kids.  I got voted most likely to have 8 kids in high school and it was really ironic.  Mostly I was just a well-known Mormon girl and, well, you know the stereotype.  But now I want tons of babies.  But maybe when I have one of my own, I'll want to slow down a little.  


  • Compliment:  I love when people think I'm interesting.  I love when people think that what I feel matters, and when it's clear that they spent a couple minutes of their day thinking about me.  I don't have too many people who think about my feelings if I'm not there to remind them that I have them.  So thank you, thank you, thank you for reading this post and for thinking about me for a couple minutes of your day.  

2 comments:

  1. I think you're so funny, and think you are really smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, Gigi! I'm so glad I found it! Your posts always make me smile. I love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete