Monday, June 25, 2012

This Summer

Oh, boy oh boy do I have plans for this summer.

I grew up with great summers.  It seemed like there wasn't anything I had to do in the summer, and the days were long and the popsicles were plentiful.  Every year my Mom would take us to the library at the beginning of the summer and we would pick out books.  So many books!  And so leisure reading is a summer time thing for me.

This year, I want to get a lot out of my summer.  I hate that most days when I am bored I just plop down in front of the tv or in front of the computer and get sucked into this zone of mindlessness.  My goal for this summer is to be able to entertain myself.  To be able to be unplugged and to still enjoy myself.  So here are the things I want to do this summer, should time and funds allow:


  • run 100 miles in 100 days (I have already started!)
  • blog a lot
  • read CS Lewis
  • read at least 2 biographies
  • play the piano a lot
  • write a lot
  • practice my spanish
  • go to the beach
  • get a good tan
  • get a lot of sleep
  • make new friends
  • go new places
I'm really excited to start going through my list.  Oh and DEFINITELY ask me about my 100 miles in 100 days.  I want to be held accountable for that one.  


The fun has already begun, my friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment